Thursday, August 16, 2012

Potpourri Friday #37


Welcome to Potpourri Friday!



This week has been crazy for me!   I have been absent from posting and commenting as my computer croaked last Friday night.  I say croaked rather than crashed as it sort of died in it's sleep and didn't wake up.  I took it to the professional Geeks and long story short, it ended up with me having to purchase a new computer due to the pricey repair cost.  My hard drive wasn't damaged so they were able to transfer my data files, but not my installed programs, to my new computer.  But along came my own personal Geek squad and they did that work for me.  Easy-peasy when you have your own personal geeks.

What did I do during my time without a computer.  I cleaned up the office.  Mr. 2805 was so delighted, he called Hoarders and told them to cancel the shoot!

Now, to the blog.  It's crazy!  My blog, live on my computer, is in Veranda type.  In the edit mode, it's Georgia.  Live on computers everywhere, except my own, it's the font I've been using since my blog began, Papyrus.  I think I'm posting in Veranda today, (that's another story).  I'm thinking a major overhaul may be needed.
  Your constructive comments or emails on how it looks are welcome.  But time is of the essence so here we go!

The links were all outstanding last week, and I appreciate every one's participation.  Here are a few of the highlights!

The bathroom is beautifully accessorized by Dru at Country Farm Home



Cynthia at Cloches and Lavender recaps the refinishing job done on her kitchen cabinets



Tricia at The Little Cottage on the Pond has a happy accident refinishing her watchmaker's cabinet



Kathy at Life on Lakeshore Drive makes over a table in red that is fit for an emperor



Shelly's sister Cathy is also an artist with paint.  She refinishes a vintage bed at A Little Bit of Shizzle.





















Little Miss Maggie refinishes a pretty French table



Francine at Ethereal Plus What I Love discovers the perfect post and a perfect solution to hide a pipe



Audrey at Elegant Economies experiments with heavy metal and makes her own mercury glass.  She reveals her secrets!



Laurie at Heaven's Walk shares the agony and ecstasy of her new romantic bed ruffle



Suzy At the Farm creates a lovely French vignette at her sister's gift shop

IMG_3260a


Melissa at Daisy Mae Belle re-creates a thrift store find into a charming chalkboard box




Yellow and black give a lively pop to the front porch at Our Home Away From Home by Maria Elena



Jody and Stan set the mood for a magical spot in their gazebo at Rooted in Thyme



Visit with Rosemary in her secret garden at The Summer Porch







If you were featured this week, please grab the "Featured " Button on the sidebar to use on your blog.


If you plan to "pin" any of the features, please use the link provided so that credit is given to the original source.



Party Guidelines



1. Be a friend and follower of 2805 Please leave a comment that your are following so I can follow you back. If you have become a follower and I have not received a follow back, please email me.
2. Please post the Party Button, located on the sidebar, or a text link back to my blog in the body of your post . If you find your link deleted, please up in a "link back" and link up again. Without a link, you cannot be featured.

3. Since Potpourri is a mixture or assortment, you may link up your creative posts on décor, gardening, DIY projects, crafts, recipes, thrifty finds, photography, etc. Potpourri is a mixture or assortment.
4. Please link the url of the specific post which you are linking, not the url for your blog.
5. Please turn off your Word Verification!


I hope that you will stay a while, visit

with the other party guests (after all, it

is a party), leave some comment love,

and make some new friends along the

way.

Until next time, Honey





56 comments:

  1. Great features and links from last week. Gotta love Miss Maggie's French table. Thanks for hosting each week........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting, Honey - wonderful features!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey~ Glad you have your own personal Geek! My hubby is tired of being my IT guy, I need a Geek :) Wonderful features~ thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! Heaven help me if this thing ever crashes! Guess I'll go back up next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for hosting - absolutely fantastic features!!!
    Have a wonderful wknd,
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Honey - I have been going through and am going through computer problems - I hope to replace mine in the near future. So glad you got your new computer - I know things will settle for you and you'll get used to it and find your way.
    I appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous features. Thanks so much for hosting every week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great features!!

    Thanks for hosting each and every week!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for hosting Honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh, I laughed my socks off at Laurie's bed ruffle wrangling!! just linked up, thanks Honey for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking the time to host every week, it is always a good party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Honey, my computer died shortly after I tried to wake it up, on Tuesday (my birthday), and I had a full day planned. Spent most of it running between stores. Could not be fixed and photos are lost! I am really upset with that. I did treat myself to a new lap top, I could have done without the expense right now, but I cannot be off the Internet, too addicted. I haven't posted yet, I haven't attempted to load photos, I don't know why. Still trying to get used to no mouse. It is tricky. Glad you are up and running. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honey, I was so thrilled to see my post featured this week! Thank you so much for this recognition with all your other wonderful features. I'm honored! Wonderful party. Thanks again.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, Honey, for featuring our shabby bath at The Country Farm Home. We're truly honored! I always enjoy your parties and look forward to them.
    I've been having computer problems today, too, so I'm late with my thank you--but I wanted you to know I do appreciate the feature!
    Have a great weekend!
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent Features. Always a pleasure to participate in your party, thanks for hosting.
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  16. Honey, so sorry to hear about your computer problems; but, I am glad you were able to save your data. These are wonderful features...Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks in order to me Honey! but I sure know the frustration of a crazy computer. Glad you're getting good help! The links look great! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm happy to hear that you're up and running again. Computer problems can be such a headache!! Love all the gorgeous painted furniture in your features.
    Thanks so much for hosting Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool features, Honey. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Honey, I'm so sorry to hear about your computer troubles. I live in fear that the same will happen to mine. Need to get it backed up as soon as possible. Off to visit some of your fabulous features!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for hosting each week, Honey! Lovely features - as always!
    Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for hosting this each week! Have a lovely weekend!
    Blessings, Nici

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the fun party, happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to here about your computer woes. I had some keyboard and camera woes this week. Are we living under a black cloud at the moment? Glad to hear yours were resolved despite the expense. Mine were resolved too, but it was not quite so pricey. Thanks for the party and have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the features! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for hosting...love that porch!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh what fun, I see lots of great blogs to visit. Thanks for hosting.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  28. So glad that you had the computer issue solved and also that your hubby cancelled the Hoarders Shoot (too funny)!!! You shared some great features. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks so much for hosting :) I was so surprised when I came over to see that you featured my post:) THANK YOU :)
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous features Honey! Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Honey it all looks great! So sorry you had troubles. I continue to have issues with my health. I just keep plugging away! Thank you for hosting and for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great featurezs this week Honey. I love the fabulous kitchen. I hope soon you get back into the right track with your health sweetie, it's so frustrating not to get better for a while! Thank you for hosting one more great party.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful features this week Honey. Take care of you. Thank you for hosting,.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry for your computer problems! Thanks so much for hosting! Love the features this week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, Honey! Thanks for the chance to party with you! Loved the features this week especially Little Miss Maggies table. Off to take a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hope your weekend goes more smoothly!! Thanks for hosting Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can relate to the computer crash because mine did the same thing in May. But once you get used to the new one, you'll wonder how you ever managed with the old one. :) Great features and lots of inspiration! Thanks for hosting and have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sorry to hear about your computer Sonny! Great features this week and hope you have a wonderful weekend, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you so much for the feature! I am so happy you like my front porch decor! Glad to hear you were able to resolve your computer problems. Thank you for hosting this wonderful party! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you so much for featuring my table! I am truly honored to be among the awesome, talented features this week! You made my day!

    So sorry to hear about your computer! So happy for you they were able to save your hard drive. My computer crashed in my classroom last week, and it was a major disaster!

    Have a great weekend, and thanks for making my day! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good morning! You featured some beautiful things with lots of inspiration!! I'm glad I can join the party this week!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  42. i love that front porch and that kitchen! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Happy Friday my friend, thank you for hosting. smooches and hugs and happy weekend wishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thank you for hosting! Wishing you a grand weekend! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for inviting me to this party...altho it was awhile back, I haven't forgotten and am happy to be here today with some Texas Decor and entertainment. Puter Woes...what a pain, but thank goodness for Geeks and opportunities for updating. I'm off to visit....gosh what a lot of wonderful posts to explore. Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks so much for including my chalkboard box among the beautiful features! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm loving that chalkboard box...very nice!!! Thanks for hosting the party!

    ReplyDelete
  48. So glad you're back in business with a new computer. I must say--your features are outstanding this week. I love them all. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Great features this week! Sorry about your computer but I'm lucky I have my own 'geek' squad also! Thanks for hosting! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  50. You've got some fantastic features there, I love them all, and sorry but I'm laughing about your font issue! If I had a geeky solution I'd share, but I haven't a clue.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi Honey ~~ Thank you for featuring my garden. That's where I live. :)
    Computer issues can be so troubling. I like your font, getting use to your new computer won't take long. Best of luck.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs Rosemary...xoxo
    P.S. I must check out all those beautiful blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I almost forgot to link but I am here now, Honey. I am glad I made it cause I really enjoyed all the featured photos here. Sorry about your computer but look on the bright side, you got a new one!..Christine

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi Honey! Thanks so much for hosting. I am following you on Google Friends Connect - can't wait to see what you do next!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Honey,

    So sorry to hear about your week; computer problems are a REAL pain for sure. These are great posts that you've featured this week, so many neat ideas. Thanks for hosting every week, and have a wonderful weekend!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  55. That stinks about the computer problems! Funny how much we can get done when we're without one though.

    I have GOT to remind myself to link up to your party next week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me giddy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...